Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Articles using MLA, Chicago, or APA citation styles will be considered, but accepted articles must be revised by the author into MLA style before publication. We also ask that you include an abstract of up to 200 words.
- Inclusive language that is consistent with the preferences of the individuals and communities who are being discussed is used.
- Submissions should have a minimum word count of 6,000 words, excluding references, though manuscripts of alternate lengths will be considered.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.